Do you have access to cheap, or even FREE electricity?
Do you have spare computer parts lying around collecting dust?
Would you like to put them to good use?
How about let's FOLD on them!
If you are willing to donate electricity, or equipment please post in this thread. We will use this space to coordinate electricity/hardware donations.
1) Fold as much as you possibly can (24/7 is ideal). This is critical. If you feel you cannot fold constantly, please allow someone that can to claim the hardware and give it a good home.
2) The points are yours. As a reward for giving a folding machine a home, you get to lay claim to all the points that it produces.
3) What happens if you stop folding? The hardware needs to be sent to someone that can continue to fold.
1) You are donating your spare hardware to the cause. There is no reclaiming it after it has been donated.
2) Shipping, obviously this is not going to be free, so we should coordinate our efforts to minimize shipping costs. USPS Flat Rate Priority Mail boxes are your best friend, especially if you are shipping multiple items.
We will maintain a list of available hardware and hardware adopters here:
XCPUs Folding@Home HARDWARE DONATION - Xtreme CPU Wiki
Thanks, and FOLD ON!!!!