(Vista) Automatic Folding Recovery After Power Outage or Reboot
- Automatic Restoration of all FAH Clients After Power Outage or Reboot
- Computer Still Secure and Password Protected
1. Set your BIOS to automatically turn back on after power failure.
(This step will vary greatly depending on your motherboard. If you need help the xCPUs board is here for you.)
2. Set your account to automatically log in.
a. Start --> Run --> netplwiz
b. Clear (uncheck) the "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer" option and click OK
c. Provide the password for your user account when prompted
(Vista will now automatically login your account.)
3. Add any client that needs to be started manually (not a service) to your Startup programs menu.
(For example: The GPU and SMP clients cannot be run as services. Move or copy their shortcuts to your "Startup" program folder group)
4. For security, create a "Startup" shortcut that will automatically lock your computer.
a. Point to New, and then click Shortcut.
b. The Create Shortcut Wizard opens. In the text box, type the following: rundll32.exe user32.dll,LockWorkStation and click Next
c. Enter a name for the shortcut. You can call it "Lock Workstation" or choose any name you like, click Finish.
d. Copy this shortcut to your startup folder.
If you do all the above your computer will be able to automatically reboot or recover from a power failure and start up all of your FAH clients and even lock your computer for security. As an added bonus I also put a shortcut in the Startup folder to start the FAHMON utility in the system tray.
If you have questions, need help, or have a better way to explain the above please let me know.
Scott aka TC