Announcement

Collapse

Welcome Back!

I apologize for not getting this up and done sooner. Needless to say the forums, and the front page got hacked, we since then have locked things down, and things appear to be better over all.

I was able to get the front page done sooner, but the forums with all of its data was MUCH more difficult to deal with. Needless to say, I just finished it! YAHOO!

Just in time with Facebook about to take a nose dive, and doing other crazy things to people. (Censorship, etc etc).
See more
See less

WTB: LGA775 Benching Stuff - Motherboards - DDR2 - CPUs - era GPUs - Dice Pot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: LGA775 Benching Stuff - Motherboards - DDR2 - CPUs - era GPUs - Dice Pot

Looking to clean out your closet? Cool! I encourage you to post as well as PM if possible as I am posting this in a couple spots and I don't frequent forums as much as I wish I could.

I haven't really "benched" since the socket 775 era, though I've kept up on everything since then. I have a younger cousin who is a big PC nerd as I am but he's never really overclocked anything.

I figure why not dig up some CHEAP hardware we can feel comfortable pushing voltage through that I am familiar with!

I am only looking for inexpensive stuff, I have a cross-country move coming soonish and will not be keeping this stuff around.

For a couple days of fun, we need:

2-3 LGA775 Motherboards - X35, P35, X38, X48, P45 and possibly P965 boards please.

LGA775 CPUs - Anything inexpensive that doesn't have annoying FSB walls or similar fun ruining aspects. 771 Xeons that can use the 775 mod work too. ES, benched hard, doesn't matter!

DDR2 - Anything reasonable, I had an amazing collection of D9's that I sold on a sad day a few years ago and I miss them

GPU's from that era - 8800GTS 512, stuff like that. 9600 GSO or other fun cards, nothing too crappy since we are doing 3D01 and Super Pi is about it and want to have some fun in 01.

Dry Ice Pot - Ugly, old, abused, doesn't matter. I've used a measuring cup with DICE just for fun so anything with an actual mount and insulation sounds good to me. I had a small Duniek pot that worked fine "back in the day"

PSU - 400+ watt PSU if it ships along with something else I buy from you. Not worth spending shipping cost on just a PSU when I can snag a crappy one from MicroCenter and hope it lives through the weekend

Post and PM your items and offers including shipping to 55072 if possible.

PayPal is preferred but if you are anti-PP we can look at other options.
    i5 2500K @ 4.9GHz+ 8GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @1600Mhz CAS 6 Asus P8P67 Pro CrossFire 6970's @ 950/1450
    Xeon X5677 @ 4.5Ghz 6GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @1600Mhz CAS 7 Gigabyte EX58-UD5 4870x2
    i7-880 @ 4.2Ghz+ (still playing) 4GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @2300Mhz CAS 9 Asus Maximus III Formula MSI Hawk 5770

Originally posted by Nietzsche
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

...and also, Hello folks. How's everyone?
    i5 2500K @ 4.9GHz+ 8GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @1600Mhz CAS 6 Asus P8P67 Pro CrossFire 6970's @ 950/1450
    Xeon X5677 @ 4.5Ghz 6GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @1600Mhz CAS 7 Gigabyte EX58-UD5 4870x2
    i7-880 @ 4.2Ghz+ (still playing) 4GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @2300Mhz CAS 9 Asus Maximus III Formula MSI Hawk 5770

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Comment

Don't know about anyone else, but I'm back from a week and a half stay in a hospital. I've learned that it doesn't pay to get a disease that puzzles doctors, not that I had any choice in the matter. But I am convinced that no matter what hospital I'm in, the food tastes bad.

I sold my X48 mobo and a bunch of DDR2 ram a few weeks ago, so really can't be of any help with your project.
      Over 60- Seen it, Done it, Can't remember it, but I miss it.
      The great economist Milton Friedman once observed, "Many people want government to protect the consumer. A much more urgent problem is to protect the consumer from the government.
      Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else.
      Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito - Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it:

https://www.fuelly.com/driver/sailer...ang?fu=2315423

Comment

Originally posted by Sailer View Post
        Don't know about anyone else, but I'm back from a week and a half stay in a hospital. I've learned that it doesn't pay to get a disease that puzzles doctors, not that I had any choice in the matter. But I am convinced that no matter what hospital I'm in, the food tastes bad.

I sold my X48 mobo and a bunch of DDR2 ram a few weeks ago, so really can't be of any help with your project.
        Sorry to hear that Sailer! Hope everything turns for the better for you

Comment

Originally posted by Sailer View Post
          Don't know about anyone else, but I'm back from a week and a half stay in a hospital. I've learned that it doesn't pay to get a disease that puzzles doctors, not that I had any choice in the matter. But I am convinced that no matter what hospital I'm in, the food tastes bad..
          Hope you're feeling better Sailer. If you're not in the deep freeze we are (artic air moves south into Midwest lately), then I hope you can enjoy some fresh air and sunshine and other good things.
          A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds -- Emerson
          On Earth, what goes up tends to come down.

Here's more at my blog:
          http://findingourdream.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thank you Tool and Halbhh. I'm doing better, but its slow. Getting a proper exercise/therapy session that helps has been problematic, but at least I know what doesn't work. At least I can get out of the wheelchair now for a limited period.

The weather has been mostly sunny and dry, which is very bad as we are in the 4th straight year of extreme drought. I was up in the Sierra Nevada mountains a couple days ago and where there should have been 5 to 7 feet of snow, there is 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch of snow, with lots of bare areas. The ski runs are pretty much useless, unless you like skiing over rocks. The side effect of no snow will mean that both California and Nevada will be very dry this summer. Already a number of streams and lake are going dry. By August, I expect it to be very bad here. Living in Nevada, we are used to drought conditions and living on less than 2 inches of annual rainfall. I'm not sure how California is going to get through it. Too many people there haven't taken the drought seriously and still want to water their lawns and fill their swimming pools to such extent that some of the largest cities are actually using more water than they were a few years ago. A lot of people in southern California think that northern California just needs to ship more water to them. They flat disbelieve that the major lakes and rivers in northern California are already nearly dry and can't ship water south. Its looking to be an interesting year for how they react when they turn on a water faucet and nothing comes out.
            The great economist Milton Friedman once observed, "Many people want government to protect the consumer. A much more urgent problem is to protect the consumer from the government.
            Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else.
            Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito - Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it:

Comment

I might still have my P35-DS3L and E2160 lying around somewhere. I will have to check. Still have been holding on to my old P35-pro and E8190, for some reason.
              HAF 932 Advanced, Corsair TX750, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Core i5 3570k @4.0ghz, 8gb Gskill 2133 Ares, 2x500gb 7200.12 Seagate, 2tb Samsung F4, Sapphire HD 7970 3gb; Rocketfish FT, Corsair HX650, Asrock P67 Extreme4, Core i5 2400 @3.5ghz, 8gb Gskill 1600 Ripjaws, 1TB Seagate ES2, 4x2tb Samsung in Raid5, Sapphire HD 5850 1gb; Diablotek Evo case, OCZ ModXtreme Pro 500w, Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3, FX 8320, 8gb Gskill 2133 Ripjaws, 750gb Samsung F1, Sapphire HD 5850; ASUS X53SV-RH51 Laptop, i5-2430M, 8GB Gskill 1333, 640GB, GT 540M* tool_462: Yeah, Farhang does all his threatening from a Graco stool, wearing a pink princess outfit, in between trips to his Easy Bake Oven. * Sailer: Personally, when I own a car, I like to drive it, not just see it during visiting hours at the dealership*Farhang: Easybake Oven > Playing Crysis @1920x1200 Max Details +60 FPS* SEAL: I was hot black leather speedo gay for 8 hours yesterday... and no one caught that?*BaldEagle: How fast can Congress spend money? It's like sending a bunch of drunk sailors into a brothel.*TurboFly03: I remember this mountain... I took a hooker roughly on.... wait... nope that was a fantasy* Ches111: Why the heck am I carrying around this hypnotized monkey? * DaSickNinja: I'd have better luck than SF if I had remembered to pull out

Comment

I'm pretty sure I have some Core 2 Duos lying around. E7200, E6300, E6550, etc. Maybe even a Q6600.

I'll look through it all and get back with you.
                Adamantyum
                Fractal Design Define R4 |Seasonic X650 |Corsair H80 |WD Black 640GB + WD Black 1TB
                MSI 970A-G46 |AMD FX6300 |8GiB 1600Mhz DDR3 |EVGA 660 Ti

Comment

PM me. Have the Dice pot. Never even used.One of these:http://koolance.com/index.php?route=...product_id=832
                  1: Main Rig - eVGA Classified SR-2 | 2 x Xeon X5670 @ 4.05GHz | 12GB Mushkin PC3-1600 DDR3 | OCZ IBIS 240GB RAID SSD | ATI Radeon 5770 1GB | Dual Dell 3007WFP-HC Monitors
                  2: Server - eVGA X58 SLI | L5640 @ 4GHz | 6GB OCZ PC3-1866 DDR3 | Intl X25-M G2 80GB OS Drive | 6 x 1.5TB Seagate 7200.11 RAID 10

Comment

Hey Brent, its been a long time since I've seen you around here. What have you been up to?

Comment

Hey Sailer,Been buried trying to finish a fellowship and working with Mike on InnoScale. The company is exploding and it is all we can do to keep up with things. How have you been?
                      1: Main Rig - eVGA Classified SR-2 | 2 x Xeon X5670 @ 4.05GHz | 12GB Mushkin PC3-1600 DDR3 | OCZ IBIS 240GB RAID SSD | ATI Radeon 5770 1GB | Dual Dell 3007WFP-HC Monitors
                      2: Server - eVGA X58 SLI | L5640 @ 4GHz | 6GB OCZ PC3-1866 DDR3 | Intl X25-M G2 80GB OS Drive | 6 x 1.5TB Seagate 7200.11 RAID 10

Comment

I've had better days for sure. My MS has been rather troublesome and my newest wheels are a wheelchair. It disassembles so that I can fit it into the trunk of my Mustang, but doing that is a total pain, so I'm thinking of getting a new Charger. That way I can but the chair in either the trunk or back seat without taking it apart. I still get around though. I went to Alaska last summer on a Carnival cruise ship. Hoping to go to Hawaii in a few months.

I'm still doing the folding at home. It seems strange, as while there used to be a lot of people folding, there are only a couple of us left who still fold. Its been years since I built a new new computer. Updated video cards, but that's about it.

Comment

You've been tearing it up on folding. Strong work there man. Takes some serious dedication to stay in the top 100.Sorry to hear about the MS worsening bro, that sucks.

Comment

I'm basically all set on stuff except maybe a real cool motherboard. I got a Commando but that'll only push single/some dual core stuff.

Comment

Working...
                            X