Announcement

Collapse

Welcome Back!

I apologize for not getting this up and done sooner. Needless to say the forums, and the front page got hacked, we since then have locked things down, and things appear to be better over all.

I was able to get the front page done sooner, but the forums with all of its data was MUCH more difficult to deal with. Needless to say, I just finished it! YAHOO!

Just in time with Facebook about to take a nose dive, and doing other crazy things to people. (Censorship, etc etc).
See more
See less

XCPU VS Toms

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XCPU VS Toms

Ok serious answers please, no bias replies. Who has the most experience Tech. Xcpus or Toms?

Because of the age and large member base, I would say Tom's has the most tech experience. But I feel that the depth of knowledge is much deeper here at XCPUs.
    Desktop: 27" iMac | Core i5-2500S | 12GB DDR3-1333 | Radeon 6770| 1TB HDD | 2560x1440 IPS LED | OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
    Mobile: 13" MacBook Air | Core i5-3427U | 4GB DDR3-1600 | Intel HD4000 | 128GB SSD | 1440x900 IPS LED | OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Tablet: 1st Gen iPad | 32GB | Redsn0w Jailbreak | iOS 5.1.1

Phone: iPhone 4S | iOS 7

[10:16 AM] DaSickNinja: I present to you all, a capital 7: &

Comment

Tom's has the advantage of a very large number of people in it, so the chances of getting a useful answer is similarly greater. Unfortunately, XCPUS has shrunk over the years so that only a couple dozen people or less are really active and the number of visitors is almost down to zero. Last, as a general tech site, Tom's is far superior to XCPUS. Truth is, if I want to know something about the latest tech, I go to other sites than XCPUS.
      Over 60- Seen it, Done it, Can't remember it, but I miss it.
      The great economist Milton Friedman once observed, "Many people want government to protect the consumer. A much more urgent problem is to protect the consumer from the government.
      Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else.
      Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito - Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it:

https://www.fuelly.com/driver/sailer...ang?fu=2315423

Comment

anandtech and bit-tech are also alternate info resources, but I usually check with the "early adopters" here first.
        You can take a man out of the Marines but you can't take the Marines out of the man!

SEMPER FI!

Comment

Do you people know why xcpus began. and why people were invited

Comment

Originally posted by gomerpile View Post
            To escape the drama lhamas and butthurt mods at Tom's if I remember correctly.
            Antec 1200
            Corsair HX620w PSU
            AMD x2 3800 EE Overclocked to 2.7ghz
            Asus Crosshair
            Sunbeam Core Contact Freezer HSF
            XFX ATI 5850
            G.SKILL PC2-8500 4GB 2X2GB DDR2-1066 CL5-5-5-15
            Western Digital 250gig SE16 Hard Drive
            Logitech G15 Keyboard(Died), G7 Mouse(Died) .. got Razer Naga(Also now dead lol)
            Logitech Z-5500 Speakers
            Auzentech Prelude Sound Card

Comment

Originally posted by gomerpile View Post
              Yes I do have some memory of it. Some people got banned at Tom's because of a few bizarre incidents, than a lot of people got banned for taking sides over the incidents. It got so bad that if a person wasn't banned, or at least warned, you felt left out. So a lot of the tech minded group migrated to XCPUS.
              The great economist Milton Friedman once observed, "Many people want government to protect the consumer. A much more urgent problem is to protect the consumer from the government.
              Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else.
              Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito - Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it:

Comment

they developed this site to get away from stupid minded people, they all changed theirs name at toms so nobody knew who they were. They invited all they thought were stupid minded over here.

Comment

xcpus started when toms started banning people for replying to posts made by barronmatrix and other idiots that didnt know what they were talking about.

Comment

Oh it's not so bad since Randomizer became a mod
                    "Katyr Pro+" Phenom II X6 1090T| Gigabyte 880GMA-USB3| EVGA GTX 660 2GB| 12GB DDR3| Samsung 830 128GB| WD Caviar Blue 750GB| Antec TruePower 650W| CoolerMaster N200 case| 2x Dell Ultrasharp U2311H| Win7
                    "Sophia" Thinkpad Yoga| Core i3 4010U| Intel HD 4400| 4GB DDR3| Samsung 830 128GB| Intel 2x2 7260 802.11ac| 12.5" IPS semi-matte display| Wacom digitiser| Win8.1 U1
                    "Scoot" Black Nexus 5 D820 32GB| Android 5.1.1
                    "Cheyenne" Black Lumia 532 8GB| Sandisk 64GB| Win8.1| Sennheiser CX 300-II

Comment

Banned of Brothers.
                      Un-portable Leet: Intel Core i7 920 D0 | Thermalright Venomous X CPU Cooler | Mushkin Blackline PC-12800 DDR3 6GB | Sapphire Radeon HD 5850 1GB GDDR5 | Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | OCZ Vertex 60GB SSD | WD Caviar Black 640GB | Cooler Master HAF 922 | Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit

Portable Leet: HP Pavilion dv6976ca Entertainment PC | Intel Core 2 Duo T5750 @ 2GHz | 4GB RAM | nVidia GeFore 8400M GS | 320GB HDD | Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit

Comment

I've never gone back, ever.

Comment

I pop in there now and again, and Baron hasn't changed 1 bit, if anything, he's got worse as time has passed.
                          Time to blow things up
                          Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH
                          I7-3770K
                          G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb DDR3 1600
                          Zotac 670GTX 2048
                          Win 8 Pro 64bit

Comment

I pop into Tom's every once in a while. Don't like how they've changed the experience rating system. I answer somebody's question and get awarded a "Best Answer"m then I'm gone for a few months..

Comment

I pop in and post **** just to piss the mods off. ROFLMAO. I see they fixed the mole in the system, I guess a law suit was comming if BOM keep up hijacking peoples computers. Using others for caches of malware by connecting to an exploit in WMI SSDP

Comment

Working...
                              X