Announcement

Collapse

Welcome Back!

I apologize for not getting this up and done sooner. Needless to say the forums, and the front page got hacked, we since then have locked things down, and things appear to be better over all.

I was able to get the front page done sooner, but the forums with all of its data was MUCH more difficult to deal with. Needless to say, I just finished it! YAHOO!

Just in time with Facebook about to take a nose dive, and doing other crazy things to people. (Censorship, etc etc).
See more
See less

New 2018 MacBook Pro 15" 6-Core i9 Processor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 2018 MacBook Pro 15" 6-Core i9 Processor

So I recently sold my MacBook from 2015... I got a pretty decent price of 2500 bucks for it.

I like to have a laptop as I always have to travel and stuff...

So I picked up the following.
    • 2.9GHz 6‑core 8th‑generation Intel Core i9 processor, Turbo Boost up to 4.8GHz
    • Radeon Pro 560X with 4GB of GDDR5 memory
    • 16GB 2400MHz DDR4 memory
    • 1TB SSD storage
    • Retina display with True Tone
    • Four Thunderbolt 3 ports
    • Touch Bar and Touch ID
    • Backlit Keyboard - US English
    • Accessory Kit
    What I did not expect, is it to run just as fast as my PC. My main rig is a Core i7-8700k.(No over clock). I run everything under water cooling. I'll have to post some pictures sometime.

With that being said... I compared benchmarks from my 8700K, and this 8950HK.

https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu...seline=9224068

The results are negligible at best aside from memory bandwidth... I haven't done much testing past this... But very happy to see performance on par with a desktop.
Working...
X