Announcement

Collapse

Welcome Back!

I apologize for not getting this up and done sooner. Needless to say the forums, and the front page got hacked, we since then have locked things down, and things appear to be better over all.

I was able to get the front page done sooner, but the forums with all of its data was MUCH more difficult to deal with. Needless to say, I just finished it! YAHOO!

Just in time with Facebook about to take a nose dive, and doing other crazy things to people. (Censorship, etc etc).
See more
See less

AMD ThreadRipper 2990WX w/ ASUS Zenith Extreme

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD ThreadRipper 2990WX w/ ASUS Zenith Extreme

So, I have been working on putting some of this crap together, but was running into issues with running a Gigabyte mainboard. I personally like Gigabyte for mainboards, and their fan controller IMO is far superior than ASUS'

Today I should be receiving the following.

Asus Zenith Extreme Mainboard
    AMD 2990WX
    EKWB TR4 block
    2 x RTX 2080Ti's

So today will be a monumental build day. Ill post pictures as I get them.

So I got the machine built a few days ago, and so far I am pretty impressed... The CPU runs pretty coolly given that it's for 32 Cores and 64 Threads. I haven't been able to get past 4.1 GHz with no voltage increases. But even at 4.1GHz, it's fast. I've taken a few benches from the 9980XE I have, and the 2990WX, which I've posted below.

AMD is back, and back with vengeance! The 2990WX costs about 1700 dollars, while the 9980XE costs around 2000.
    Last edited by arisythila; 02-18-2019, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X