Announcement

Collapse

Welcome Back!

I apologize for not getting this up and done sooner. Needless to say the forums, and the front page got hacked, we since then have locked things down, and things appear to be better over all.

I was able to get the front page done sooner, but the forums with all of its data was MUCH more difficult to deal with. Needless to say, I just finished it! YAHOO!

Just in time with Facebook about to take a nose dive, and doing other crazy things to people. (Censorship, etc etc).
See more
See less

SSDs may experience "old data" read degradation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSDs may experience "old data" read degradation

Seems samsung was caught but the article hints that other manufacturers may experience the issue as well.

http://www.techspot.com/article/997-...ors_picks=true

4.44 Mb/s upload acts like 4kb/s

Yeah, I could see why other drives were having similar problems. It also explains some of my experience comparing my VelociRaptor in one computer having nearly the same start up speed as a SSD in another computer. I guess this more attention, because if the speed of "old data" slows down as much as indicated, to as little as 30MB/s, the VelociRaptor may end up a much better disk in the long run
    Over 60- Seen it, Done it, Can't remember it, but I miss it.
    The great economist Milton Friedman once observed, "Many people want government to protect the consumer. A much more urgent problem is to protect the consumer from the government.
    Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else.
    Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito - Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it:

https://www.fuelly.com/driver/sailer...ang?fu=2315423

Comment

You can ignore that because the Guy who said something about that was speaking about when SSD's come to the end of there service life and need to be replaced, and was misquoted, from a article that was done at least 5 years ago. Someone decided to start a panic that honestly doesn't exist.
      Time to blow things up
      Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH
      I7-3770K
      G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb DDR3 1600
      Zotac 670GTX 2048
      Win 8 Pro 64bit

Comment

Working...
      X