Announcement

Collapse

Welcome Back!

I apologize for not getting this up and done sooner. Needless to say the forums, and the front page got hacked, we since then have locked things down, and things appear to be better over all.

I was able to get the front page done sooner, but the forums with all of its data was MUCH more difficult to deal with. Needless to say, I just finished it! YAHOO!

Just in time with Facebook about to take a nose dive, and doing other crazy things to people. (Censorship, etc etc).
See more
See less

E2, E4 and E6 FSB Pin Mods

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E2, E4 and E6 FSB Pin Mods

http://www.xcpus.com/forums/motherbo...tml#post157697

Here it is in all its artically glory. Read on.
    I am the epitome of a cynical, sarcastic sysadmin. For this, I make no apologies.
    |HTC Windows Phone 8X|
    Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8260A S4|Windows Phone 8 |AT&T HSDPA+/LTE|
    |Samsung Galaxy S III|Samsung Exynos 4412|Paranoid Android 2.x| AT&T HSDPA+|
    |Apple iPhone 5 32GB|Apple A6 APL0589
    |iOS 6|Verizon LTE 4G|

Very nice mod.. It's good to see that there are still some CPU's you can do this kind of stuff too...

~Mike

Comment

You can do basically the same to the entire Allendale line up. I've been studying the land grid maps for the Conroe, Merom and Kentsfield class chips to see if I can do similar to those.

Hopefully, being sponsored by Intel, I can get a Penryn or Wolfdale and try the same.
      I am the epitome of a cynical, sarcastic sysadmin. For this, I make no apologies.
      |HTC Windows Phone 8X|
      |iOS 6|Verizon LTE 4G|

Comment

Well if your write up any reviews, I can toss them on the front page :-)

~Mike

Comment

Speaking of which, I should be receiving a X38 and P35 motherboard soon. Toys... you gotta love 'em!
          |HTC Windows Phone 8X|
          |iOS 6|Verizon LTE 4G|

Comment

Thanks Ninja. I'll be getting a E2160 for my new HTPC soon and had been looking for this.

Nice to have the info at my fingertips.
            1: Main Rig - eVGA Classified SR-2 | 2 x Xeon X5670 @ 4.05GHz | 12GB Mushkin PC3-1600 DDR3 | OCZ IBIS 240GB RAID SSD | ATI Radeon 5770 1GB | Dual Dell 3007WFP-HC Monitors
            2: Server - eVGA X58 SLI | L5640 @ 4GHz | 6GB OCZ PC3-1866 DDR3 | Intl X25-M G2 80GB OS Drive | 6 x 1.5TB Seagate 7200.11 RAID 10

Comment

Great job Ninja. It's good to have you here.
              The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.'

Comment

Originally posted by DaSickNinja View Post
                Speaking of which, I should be receiving a X38 and P35 motherboard soon. Toys... you gotta love 'em!
                When? you never told the rest of us that

geez, first you have random $1k cpus lying around, then you can afford the newest hardware the moment it comes out

something seriously worries me about the blog being down, you know who this is

why celebrate christmas with white people when you can have a dead terrorist do it for you!
                sig art by verndewd!

Comment

I guess having banned people still talking irritated them too much. Then again, it could be that since the service was never really supported in the first place, and they finally decided to take 'em down with the site updates.
                  |HTC Windows Phone 8X|
                  |iOS 6|Verizon LTE 4G|

Comment

I think I'm going to take a week off posting at toms, I need a break for one and also I think it would do me some good to let this blow over like you did. So that's that, and back to the real topic here

Are you going to try for a dfi or asus board? Or perhaps another dq6? I think if you're up for the mods, then asus would be fun, but dfi always seems to win for those that want a simple overclocking beast that doesn't have extreme issues

and just wondering, how did you and vern already get basically mod status?

why celebrate christmas with white people when you can have a dead terrorist do it for you!
                    sig art by verndewd!

Comment

The X38 will be a borrowed part from DFI by way of a very good friend, and the 2 P35's will be a DFI and a DQ6.

and just wondering, how did you and vern already get basically mod status
                      Because I'm l33t like that my foolish young apprentice.
                      |HTC Windows Phone 8X|
                      |iOS 6|Verizon LTE 4G|

Comment

Originally posted by DaSickNinja View Post
                        Gotta write something up for us :-) Let me know if you need anything.

Originally posted by brentpresley View Post
                        Thanks Ninja. I'll be getting a E2160 for my new HTPC soon and had been looking for this.

Nice to have the info at my fingertips.
                        You better write something up too.. ROFL :-)

Originally posted by aliG da taco View Post
                        and just wondering, how did you and vern already get basically mod status?
                        HE contributed to the forum in a big way.

~Mike

Comment

I'm hoping that I'll be able get my hands on the Gigabyte G33 motherboards to check out the micro-ATX versions of the P35 chipset. Waiting till the end of July to take advantage of quad-core price drops, and for the Qmicra v2 to come out. This summer looks like a good season for uATX fans. Apparently, the Gigabyte G33 board can get well over 400 FSB.

EDIT: Oh, and hi everyone!

Gaming: i5 2500k @ 4.8GHz | EVGA P67 FTW | 16GB | SLI MSI GTX 970s | 240GB Corsair Force 3, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO, 500GB Velociraptor | Modded 800D | DIY H20 | Windows 8.1
                          Linux: i5 3450 | Gigabyte H77 | 16GB | Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition | 120GB Vertex 3 MI (boot), 3 x 3TB WD Red (ZFS RAID-Z) | Fractal Design Arc Mini | Arch Linux
                          HTPC/Steambox: Athlon II X2 260 | Gigabyte 880G | GT 720 | 4GB | 500GB WD Blue | Silverstone SG02 | Arch Linux + Kodi + Steam

Comment

I just ordered a E2160 to try this on w/ my HTPC.

1: Main Rig - eVGA Classified SR-2 | 2 x Xeon X5670 @ 4.05GHz | 12GB Mushkin PC3-1600 DDR3 | OCZ IBIS 240GB RAID SSD | ATI Radeon 5770 1GB | Dual Dell 3007WFP-HC Monitors
                            2: Server - eVGA X58 SLI | L5640 @ 4GHz | 6GB OCZ PC3-1866 DDR3 | Intl X25-M G2 80GB OS Drive | 6 x 1.5TB Seagate 7200.11 RAID 10

Comment

That is great work if I must say so myself!
                              o,,o`o \\// o`o,,o
                              And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside..." Huh!
                              So I got me a pen an paper, and I made up my own little sign!
                              sigpic
                              QuadCore YorkField Core 2 QX9650 45nm @ 3.6GHz
                              AsusTeK P5K-Deluxe WiFi-AP
                              Mushkin XP2-6400 ~ 4-4-3-10 (991523)
                              HiS-ATI Radeon HD 3870 ~ 55nm RV670 XT
                              Dell 2707WFP LCD

Comment

Working...
                              X