Announcement

Collapse

Welcome Back!

I apologize for not getting this up and done sooner. Needless to say the forums, and the front page got hacked, we since then have locked things down, and things appear to be better over all.

I was able to get the front page done sooner, but the forums with all of its data was MUCH more difficult to deal with. Needless to say, I just finished it! YAHOO!

Just in time with Facebook about to take a nose dive, and doing other crazy things to people. (Censorship, etc etc).
See more
See less

- Bio-Hazard - Watercooled HAF X System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• - Bio-Hazard - Watercooled HAF X System

Hello all,

It's been a really long time since I last stopped by this forum, how is everyone doing? The main reason I have stopped coming here is because I have stopped building custom PCs due to financial constraints, but also due to the lack of ground breaking/revolutionary components out there (basically I meant that there is nothing new to play around with other than new CPUs or Mobos or GPUs or Mods, etc that have been around before). I've diverted most of my attention to smartphones lately too. However, today I was going through some of my old pics and stumbled upon a build I have made years back that I never shared with the world. This is the last build I've done so far, until the time comes when I will merge my old Bloodlust build with my Euphoria build in an attempt to resurrect my X58 system.

To be honest, I have forgotten some of the components used in this build. I don't even recall what GPU's I used in this build, so if anybody can identify them, please let me know lol.

With that, here are some of the specs:

Hardware:

CPU: Intel i7 950
    Mobo: MSI X58 Big Bang XPower
    Ram:12GB (3x4GB) Patriot Sector 7 Extreme Performance DDR3-1600
    GPU: Unknown (Could not remember)
    PSU: BFG 1200 watt
    SSD: OCZ Agility 120GB
    HDD: Samsung 1TB
    Case: CM HAF X
    Fan controller: Aerocool Touch 2000

Water-cooling Components:

CPU Block - Swiftech Apogee GTZ
    GPU Block - Unknown
    Rad 1 - Swiftech 240mm
    Rad 2 & 3 - Swiftech 120mm
    Reservoir - Danger Den Rad Reservoir
    Pump - Danger Den CPX1
    Fluid - Feser One Green
    Tube - Primochill 1/2" ID 3/4" OD

And now, the pics:

I apologize for the somewhat blurry or not sharp images. These were taken with an old camera and not the one I used to use for my other builds. Hopefully all you will enjoy this latest build I did. Thanks for looking

P.S. It's great being back and posting here again. Hopefully, I will get to start my next build. Currently just waiting for a good case to use

Rig1 (Deceased):
    Thermaltake Armor+/EVGA Nforce 680i SLI/Intel Core 2 Duo Quad Core Q6600/EVGA Geforce 9800 GX2 1GB/Crucial Ballistix Tracer Black DDR2 800 4GB/
    CPU & NB Cooling: Water Cooling [Swiftech GTZ, 2 x Danger Den Black Ice Extreme 2 , Tygon 1/2", Danger Den Laing D5]
    /PSU: Cooler Master Real Power Pro1000

Rig2 (Active):
    CM Cosmos S Mod Core i7 920 Foxconn Bloodrage X58 Mushkin 6GB DDR3-1600 (7-8-7-20) 2-Evga Geforce GTX-280 SLI CM Real Power Pro 1000 Dual Loop Water Cooling (CPU/NB & GPU Separated) each
    with a D5 pump
    CPU & NB cooling: Swiftech Apogee GTZ & Built in Waterblock; 360mm Swiftech Radiator with 6 fans top mounted GPU Cooling: Hydrocopper 16 & EK FC280 all copper Waterblock (both with backplates);
    360mm Swiftech with 3 fans rear mounted
    NZXT Sentry LX Fan Controller Main HDD: 2x150GB Velociraptor on Raid 0 Backup HDD: 500 GB, 250GB Western Digital

I'm not a huge fan of the HAF, but I'm always a sucker for a build thread. Nice and clean!
    I am the epitome of a cynical, sarcastic sysadmin. For this, I make no apologies.
    |HTC Windows Phone 8X|
    Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8260A S4|Windows Phone 8 |AT&T HSDPA+/LTE|
    |Samsung Galaxy S III|Samsung Exynos 4412|Paranoid Android 2.x| AT&T HSDPA+|
    |Apple iPhone 5 32GB|Apple A6 APL0589
    |iOS 6|Verizon LTE 4G|

Comment

Thanks Juan! Yeah, I'm never really a fan of the HAF series, but I'm quite ok with this one. Well, if everything goes smoothly, hopefully by the end of next week I will have a new build to post here I am desperately trying to get a hold of either a Carbide 400R or 500R case but I'm trying to sell off my CM 690 II case first hehe.

Rig1 (Deceased):
      Thermaltake Armor+/EVGA Nforce 680i SLI/Intel Core 2 Duo Quad Core Q6600/EVGA Geforce 9800 GX2 1GB/Crucial Ballistix Tracer Black DDR2 800 4GB/
      CPU & NB Cooling: Water Cooling [Swiftech GTZ, 2 x Danger Den Black Ice Extreme 2 , Tygon 1/2", Danger Den Laing D5]

Rig2 (Active):
      CM Cosmos S Mod Core i7 920 Foxconn Bloodrage X58 Mushkin 6GB DDR3-1600 (7-8-7-20) 2-Evga Geforce GTX-280 SLI CM Real Power Pro 1000 Dual Loop Water Cooling (CPU/NB & GPU Separated) each
      with a D5 pump
      CPU & NB cooling: Swiftech Apogee GTZ & Built in Waterblock; 360mm Swiftech Radiator with 6 fans top mounted GPU Cooling: Hydrocopper 16 & EK FC280 all copper Waterblock (both with backplates);
      NZXT Sentry LX Fan Controller Main HDD: 2x150GB Velociraptor on Raid 0 Backup HDD: 500 GB, 250GB Western Digital

Comment

Nice job man!

Comment

Nice! I like that fan control touch panel. If I had 1) money 2) time and 3) energy I would play with making a build or three

4.44 Mb/s upload acts like 4kb/s

Comment

Looks really nice, how long ago did you build it?
            I really want a reservoir like that, but attached to an mcp655, I think it could look pretty awesome.
            Looking forward to seeing your next build
            Last edited by Suavey; 02-21-2012, 12:27 AM. Reason: I proofread like crap

Comment

That's pretty sweet.
              Mac Mini: 2.3Ghz i7; 8GB DDR3 1600; 256GB SSD; Dell U2410; OSX Mountain Lion

iPod Classic 160GB Black

iPhone 5 16GB Black

iPad Mini 16GB Black

Comment

Thank you everyone! Suavey, that build was done about a year and a half ago. Yeah, I love cylindrical res. They really look nice by showing off the liquid you are using

Btw, you know those kind of reservoirs for MCP655 exist rite? Here's two of them:

XSPC Dual 5.25" Bay Reservoir - Laing D5 / MCP655 w/ Blue LED Light - Clear / Silver / Black - FrozenCPU.com

XSPC Tank Reservoir - Laing D5 / MCP655 w/ Blue LED Light - Acrylic - FrozenCPU.com

Rig1 (Deceased):

Rig2 (Active):
                with a D5 pump

Comment

Originally posted by aquariuz View Post
                  Thank you everyone! Suavey, that build was done about a year and a half ago. Yeah, I love cylindrical res. They really look nice by showing off the liquid you are using

Btw, you know those kind of reservoirs for MCP655 exist rite? Here's two of them:

XSPC Dual 5.25" Bay Reservoir - Laing D5 / MCP655 w/ Blue LED Light - Clear / Silver / Black - FrozenCPU.com

XSPC Tank Reservoir - Laing D5 / MCP655 w/ Blue LED Light - Acrylic - FrozenCPU.com
                  I haven't found a cylindrical reservoir's that will just attach to an mcp655. When I get a new pump, I will be looking very hard for a cylindrical res.
                  Last edited by Suavey; 02-21-2012, 11:29 AM.

Comment

nice build man!
                    i wish i had your skills !
                    nice to have you back!
                    kinda missed your awesome builds
                    Last edited by anticupidon; 02-23-2012, 04:15 PM.
                    CM690| Dell U2311H | HX 750 W | P7P55D | i7 860 |Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2|2x4 GB 1600 Kingston | 250 GB Samsung 840 SSD 3 X 1Tb F3|HD 5850 EXTREME |*Nix/W8.1 PRO |

HTPC NOX CUBE | P8H61-I | i3 2105 | KINGSTON 4 GB DDRAM3 | SAMSUNG F3 1TB |Intel 3000 HD |

Dell N411Z | i52450M | 8 GB DDRAM3 | 250 Samsung 830 SSD | Intel 3000 HD |*Nix/W8.1 PRO|

Thinkpad X200s|L9400 @ 1.86GHz|6 GB DDRAM3 |120 SSD GB|Intel X4500 HD | GNU/Linux KDE |

Comment

@anti- LOL! Thanks man. It's great to be back. I have another build that I'm trying to work out, but I'm waiting for some funds to flow in first and some parts to come before starting. I really hope I can get everything that I need to get this build started soon. As usual, it won't be something drastically new. 90% of the parts will be 'recycled' from my old components. I just wanted to reuse my hardware that's left lying around. I'm also desperately trying to find a good mid-tower case to put this all together.

Rig1 (Deceased):

Rig2 (Active):
                      with a D5 pump

Comment

Working...
                      X