Announcement

Collapse

Welcome Back!

I apologize for not getting this up and done sooner. Needless to say the forums, and the front page got hacked, we since then have locked things down, and things appear to be better over all.

I was able to get the front page done sooner, but the forums with all of its data was MUCH more difficult to deal with. Needless to say, I just finished it! YAHOO!

Just in time with Facebook about to take a nose dive, and doing other crazy things to people. (Censorship, etc etc).
See more
See less

.:!Pictures & 3D Models!:.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .:!Pictures & 3D Models!:.

This thread has been set aside for posting images and 3D models that can be useful in the modding proses or for showing off your modding skills. I find sketching out your ideas or building them as a 3D model helps to work out the details of the build before you purchase your supplies. This can ultimately save you money on the materials as you will know exactly what you need to complete the build.

Currently i use Google SketchUp - Home for my 3D modeling. its a very simple program to use and gives you much of the functionality found in AutoCAD and similar programs. There is a large library of of models people have made and submitted on line for others to use. I have been working on my own models for use in my designs. Here is a list of my models.

24 Pin Main Connector by mpilchfamily - Google 3D Warehouse

24 Pin Main Female Connector by mpilchfamily - Google 3D Warehouse

4 Pin Molex by mpilchfamily - Google 3D Warehouse

4 Pin Female Molex by mpilchfamily - Google 3D Warehouse

4 & 8 Pin P4 Connector by mpilchfamily - Google 3D Warehouse

PCI-e Connector by mpilchfamily - Google 3D Warehouse

KILL A WATT by mpilchfamily - Google 3D Warehouse

Antec 900 by mpilchfamily - Google 3D Warehouse

TI-85 by mpilchfamily - Google 3D Warehouse

Wire Wound Resistor by mpilchfamily - Google 3D Warehouse

Feel free to post links to your 3D models and tell us a bit about the model. I would like this to our library of resources for Mod planning.

The first post here will become a list of models. So anyone else that wants to start playing around with Sketchpad or other CAD software can post there work and i'll add it to the listing. We'll get a nice big DB of items here.

Comment

Well i'm close to having all the connectors both male and female made. Going to need to focus on other objects soon.

Comment

Good work, mpilch. I have messed around a bit w/ SketchUp. Maybe I'll do some tests to try to show ya up.
        sigpic

Comment

Well you have allot of catching up to do. Its difficult making these 1/64" and 1/32" spacings between the pins.

Actually it been pretty simple and has gown by pretty quickly. This program is just soooo easy to use. BTW just finished the PCI-e connector. Try to only model things that haven't been done yet. That way when people find your item they might check out the site since you will be putting XCPUS' URL with all your models right?

Comment

I've completed rendering my Kill A Watt. It was very complex and a pain in the ***. In all it was about 12 hours of work. I have to say this is my new favorite hobby.

Comment

Wow. You're actually really freaking good at that. Put some real-world textures on that thing and it would look like a freaking photo.

BTW, you should totally create a sketch-up of your house and get it on google earth (I was thinking about doing that... sounds like fun).
              sigpic

Comment

Well i haven't figured out how to do or import textures. I'm still getting familiar with the program. Go ahead and install it and you'll see just how easy it is to use. As for my house. No thank you for many reasons. For one i live in an apartment. I also don't want to go threw the trouble. If i model a house it will be a complete floor plan. I would just get too carried away with the project. Though that would be way too big for google earth.

Comment

Looks like the recent System Update caused this thread to loose some info. SO its back up and fully loaded. I've even added my latest model a TI-85.

Comment

Wow. You are getting REALLY good at that now, mpilch. The latest 2 are especially impressive.
                    sigpic

Comment

You and your insane modeling.

Excellent work.
                      CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANT [TEXAS]

You've been Thread Jacked by SF03!
                      Server: |MSI GD65 Z77|Noctua NH-U12P|FSP PT-450M|8x 3TB in RAID 5|16GB Crucial Ballistix|i7 3770K|
                      Main Rig: |MSI Z68A-GD65 G3|1337 Water|GTX 680|PC P&C 750W|WD Caviar Black 1TB|16GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz|i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz|

[09:54 AM]Viperabyss:Heck, Wu makes Pedobear looks like regular teddybear

Comment

Its interesting. There are several other TI calcs that people have done. All they did was create a box, overlay a skin of the calc and then raise up the buttons. Its rather sad at the piss poor attempts that have been made at modeling some items. Its making me want to actually show a good rendering of many items.

Comment

I wish I had the patients to learn Google Sketch....but alas I don't.

Server: |MSI GD65 Z77|Noctua NH-U12P|FSP PT-450M|8x 3TB in RAID 5|16GB Crucial Ballistix|i7 3770K|
                          Main Rig: |MSI Z68A-GD65 G3|1337 Water|GTX 680|PC P&C 750W|WD Caviar Black 1TB|16GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz|i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz|

Comment

You don't have 5 minutes?

I just wish i could figure out how to get the TI logo shrunk down enough to place on the calc.

Comment

I have 5 minutes but 3D modeling has always hated me.... I may try it this weekend given the HUGE amount of free time.

Comment

Working...
                              X