Announcement

Collapse

Welcome Back!

I apologize for not getting this up and done sooner. Needless to say the forums, and the front page got hacked, we since then have locked things down, and things appear to be better over all.

I was able to get the front page done sooner, but the forums with all of its data was MUCH more difficult to deal with. Needless to say, I just finished it! YAHOO!

Just in time with Facebook about to take a nose dive, and doing other crazy things to people. (Censorship, etc etc).
See more
See less

.:!Work Log!:. PSU Load Tester Build (XATE-984)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to exclusive the PSU data, eh?
    Folding@Home It's everyone's responsibility.
    Get it here http://folding.stanford.edu. Learn more Here
    ---------
    Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz | Tuniq Tower 120 | P5B Deluxe WiFi AP | 2GB Corsair 6400 cas4 | EVGA 8800GTS 640 @ 625Mhz | Corsair 620W | Antec 900

Comment

Originally posted by Lionhardt View Post
      This is off-topic, but about financial things... by having a database, that means more visitors, which means more members, which means more google adsense revenue, correct? How are you guys doing as far as site maintainance fees go versus income?
      in ze red.. I'm sure there will be much fanfare the day xcpu's hits the black the first time

Comment

Originally posted by Lionhardt View Post
        This is off-topic, but about financial things... by having a database, that means more visitors, which means more members, which means more google adsense revenue, correct? How are you guys doing as far as site maintainance fees go versus income?
        LOL.

Ad revenues don't come CLOSE to keeping this site open. XCPUs pulls about $500 a month in bandwidth usage. Ad revenues are $50 a month, on a good month. Premium member fees help some, but overall we still don't cover 1/3 of the site costs that way.
        1: Main Rig - eVGA Classified SR-2 | 2 x Xeon X5670 @ 4.05GHz | 12GB Mushkin PC3-1600 DDR3 | OCZ IBIS 240GB RAID SSD | ATI Radeon 5770 1GB | Dual Dell 3007WFP-HC Monitors
        2: Server - eVGA X58 SLI | L5640 @ 4GHz | 6GB OCZ PC3-1866 DDR3 | Intl X25-M G2 80GB OS Drive | 6 x 1.5TB Seagate 7200.11 RAID 10

Comment

Well maybe reviews will bring in sponsors. But the longer the site goes without a sponsor the better and more reliable our reviews are. That way we don't look like we are giving our sponsors a free ride on the reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by mpilchfamily View Post
            Well maybe reviews will bring in sponsors. But the longer the site goes without a sponsor the better and more reliable our reviews are. That way we don't look like we are giving our sponsors a free ride on the reviews.
            So getting sponsors is the way that sites like Tomshardware and firingsquad and peeps like them make mad money?
            Originally posted by MagicLess
            Warning: Enter Speak Freely Theads At Own Mental Risk.

800m - 1:56.30

#1 Fan of Tool and Tanker.

Lehigh University '14

Comment

Yeah you see they have more adds then just google ads. They have direct sponsors like Corsair or other parts manufactures. They may even have Dell and/or HP adds. For those they went directly to the companies or those companies came to them wanting to buy add space.

Comment

I would be willing to send my Corsair HX-1k for testing if there were a few guidelines met.

Basically the only guideline would be it can't cost me any more money.

Fry my PSU then I get a new one .. Shipping would have to be free too.

Only reason to be so stingy is every penny affects my build budget.
                Core i7 920 @3.6Ghz on air, Asus P6T Deluxe V1, Patriot DDR3-1600Mhz 8-8-8-24, 2xEvga GTX460 1GB Editions in SLI, 3x 750gb Samsung Spinpoint F1s in RAID 5, Bluray combo drive, 22x SATA DVD Write in an awesome HAF-X case!!
                sigpic

Comment

We cover shipping both ways.

And if we kill it, we cover shipping for the RMA.

OUR stipulation: your PSU must be under current warranty. We make no guarantees if it is not.
                  1: Main Rig - eVGA Classified SR-2 | 2 x Xeon X5670 @ 4.05GHz | 12GB Mushkin PC3-1600 DDR3 | OCZ IBIS 240GB RAID SSD | ATI Radeon 5770 1GB | Dual Dell 3007WFP-HC Monitors
                  2: Server - eVGA X58 SLI | L5640 @ 4GHz | 6GB OCZ PC3-1866 DDR3 | Intl X25-M G2 80GB OS Drive | 6 x 1.5TB Seagate 7200.11 RAID 10

Comment

You know its good to get pics of the inside. Primary the overall layout and the capacitors used. Its also nice to have a full breakdown of the components but i'm not sure any of us is ready to tackle that much detail.

Comment

Working...
                    X