Announcement

Collapse

Welcome Back!

I apologize for not getting this up and done sooner. Needless to say the forums, and the front page got hacked, we since then have locked things down, and things appear to be better over all.

I was able to get the front page done sooner, but the forums with all of its data was MUCH more difficult to deal with. Needless to say, I just finished it! YAHOO!

Just in time with Facebook about to take a nose dive, and doing other crazy things to people. (Censorship, etc etc).
See more
See less

Case Gallery

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case Gallery

Show us what case you are using, Post your best pics from your mods. Lets see what you've got.

Here is what i like to call my money shot.

Too sexy for words, Mpilch. I'd post, but I run my case at stock

Gaming: i5 2500k @ 4.8GHz | EVGA P67 FTW | 16GB | SLI MSI GTX 970s | 240GB Corsair Force 3, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO, 500GB Velociraptor | Modded 800D | DIY H20 | Windows 8.1
    Linux: i5 3450 | Gigabyte H77 | 16GB | Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition | 120GB Vertex 3 MI (boot), 3 x 3TB WD Red (ZFS RAID-Z) | Fractal Design Arc Mini | Arch Linux
    HTPC/Steambox: Athlon II X2 260 | Gigabyte 880G | GT 720 | 4GB | 500GB WD Blue | Silverstone SG02 | Arch Linux + Kodi + Steam

Comment

I just swapped my rear fan for something smaller and with LEDs, hardly worth posting Very nice though mpilch, as is the little plastic "P" in the bottom right of the last pic.
      i7 920 D0 | MSI X58 Pro-E | Zotac GTX 275 | 3x2GB G.Skill DDR3-1333 9-9-9-24 | Corsair HX-520 | 640GB WD Caviar Black

Comment

If it was flipped it would be a "P" but as it is its a "d". I've gotta get some material just for setting up pictures. Something that will cover a large area so things like that don't ebnd up in the picture.

Comment

How many things can you fit into one wall socket?

How quiet is that system?
          i7 920 D0 | MSI X58 Pro-E | Zotac GTX 275 | 3x2GB G.Skill DDR3-1333 9-9-9-24 | Corsair HX-520 | 640GB WD Caviar Black

Comment

Its only 2 lamps and the system plugged in there. That is a 6 outlet surge protector on a standard 2 outlet wall plug. It was only there so that the lamps could be on and the system while i was taking the pictures.

The system is a bit noisy but not because of the fans. The fans are Yate Loon fans that push about 80CFM @ 40dB. All but the bottom fan which is an Antec tri cool fan. The load part of my system is the Elcipse CPU cooler i have. Its running at about 50+CFM when on the high setting. The fans stay turned down to there low setting using the Zailman fan Controller.

Comment

Oh ok, doesn't look like a surge protector, just looks like a wall socket with heaps of outlets

Should replace that CPU fan if it's the source of the noise. The problem is that every time you cut out a source of noise, theres another one to bug you and you end up obscessing over it. At this point you join the spr forums and talk to other obscessed people

Comment

Well the CPU cooler if fine the way it is. I'm not worried about noise level.

Comment

Originally posted by mpilchfamily View Post
                  Show us what case you are using, Post your best pics from your mods. Lets see what you've got.

Here is what i like to call my money shot.

This is one ultra super kick arse case!
                  ASUS G53SW 3D Gaming Notebook | Logitech G930 Wireless Gaming Headset | Logitech G700 Wireless Gaming Mouse

Comment

Originally posted by randomizer View Post
                    How many things can you fit into one wall socket?

How quiet is that system?
                    Apparently at least 2 more devices.......
                    You'll die a little bit on the inside this week, and a whole heck of a lot on the outside. - Virgo

Comment

I have nothing else to do over Spring Break....I'm considering modding my case......

NOSTROMO: Intel Core i5 3750K | MSI R9 290 | Fractal Design Define Mini | ASRock Z77 Pro4-M | Antec Kuhler H2O 620 | 120gb OCZ Vertex III MaxIOPS | PCP&C Silencer 750w

F@H Box / Server: Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.4ghz | CSX Wraith #51 of 300 | Custom Water Cooling | 2x 3TB WD Caviar Green HDDs | 4x 3TB Seagate 7200RPM HDDs

Interested in Folding@Home? Visit the XCPUs Folding@home page!

Comment

I suppose I can put batteries into the camera and take pics.. I did promise pics of my small mod a while ago anyways.

Comment

Come on guys i know there are more modders among us. Lets see those mods. I'm trying to encourage some more creativity here.

Comment

Originally posted by randomizer View Post
                            Should replace that CPU fan if it's the source of the noise. The problem is that every time you cut out a source of noise, theres another one to bug you and you end up obscessing over it. At this point you join the spr forums and talk to other obscessed people
                            That's very true... now that I got rid of fan noise in my PC the pump drives me nuts - I actually found it better to turn a couple fans up to drown in out since the pump makes a very annoying whine.
                            Sailer: Its a long commute, after all. Got to do something to relieve the monotony of the bumper to bumper traffic, like revving up the engine and listen to the supercharger whine.

Comment

There will always be some noise that drives you crazy. Its just a matter of finding the balance you can live with. You can get rid of all the sound and then realize that your drives sound like a bunch of race cars barreling down the track.

Comment

Working...
                              X