Announcement

Collapse

Welcome Back!

I apologize for not getting this up and done sooner. Needless to say the forums, and the front page got hacked, we since then have locked things down, and things appear to be better over all.

I was able to get the front page done sooner, but the forums with all of its data was MUCH more difficult to deal with. Needless to say, I just finished it! YAHOO!

Just in time with Facebook about to take a nose dive, and doing other crazy things to people. (Censorship, etc etc).
See more
See less

How can I set up my PC to output gaming audio as 7.1 Dolby Digital using S/PDIF?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I set up my PC to output gaming audio as 7.1 Dolby Digital using S/PDIF?

I'm thinking of buying the Skullcandy PLYR 1 wireless headset: Newegg.com - SKULLCANDY PLYR 1 Headset - White
    (yes, I know it's a Skullcandy)

This headset has a USB and TOSLINK input. I want to connect it to my PC, most probably by using the TOSLINK output on the Creative Sound Blaster Zx sound card. The analog outputs on the sound card will be connected to my 2.1 speaker system (which is staying as it is).

The headset supports 7.1 Dolby Digital surround sound over digital connections (3.5mm line-in is only for stereo). How can I set up my configuration so my PC is sending 7.1 audio to the headset when I'm gaming?
    Intel Core i5-2500K @ 4.0GHz | ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 | 8GB DDR3-1600 | ZOTAC GTX 680 2GB | Sandisk Extreme 240GB SSD + Samsung 1TB HDD | Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty | 27" QNIX PLS | Genius SW-G2.1 Speakers | Logitech G9x | MAX NightHawk X8

You can do either 2 channel PCM or 5.1 DTS/DD via TOSLINK (SPDIF). If you want more you'll need a HDMI -> Reciever.
    -Back to being a hippie

Comment

Seal, you're back! Good to see you around after all this time. Ok. now back to my breakfast of sausage and eggs.

Oh, I forgot. Who are you anyway?
      Last edited by Sailer; 08-05-2013, 06:17 AM.
      Over 60- Seen it, Done it, Can't remember it, but I miss it.
      The great economist Milton Friedman once observed, "Many people want government to protect the consumer. A much more urgent problem is to protect the consumer from the government.
      Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else.
      Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito - Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it:

https://www.fuelly.com/driver/sailer...ang?fu=2315423

Comment

Originally posted by SEAL View Post
        I'm thinking of buying the Skullcandy PLYR 1 wireless headset: Newegg.com - SKULLCANDY PLYR 1 Headset - White gaming earbuds
        (yes, I know it's a Skullcandy)

This headset has a USB and TOSLINK input. I want to connect it to my PC, most probably by using the TOSLINK output on the Creative Sound Blaster Zx sound card. The analog outputs on the sound card will be connected to my 2.1 speaker system (which is staying as it is).

The headset supports 7.1 Dolby Digital surround sound over digital connections (3.5mm line-in is only for stereo). How can I set up my configuration so my PC is sending 7.1 audio to the headset when I'm gaming?
        does this headphones have punchy bass for bassheads?
        Last edited by David5Miller; 08-04-2019, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X