Announcement

Collapse

Welcome Back!

I apologize for not getting this up and done sooner. Needless to say the forums, and the front page got hacked, we since then have locked things down, and things appear to be better over all.

I was able to get the front page done sooner, but the forums with all of its data was MUCH more difficult to deal with. Needless to say, I just finished it! YAHOO!

Just in time with Facebook about to take a nose dive, and doing other crazy things to people. (Censorship, etc etc).
See more
See less

XCPUs.com's FOLDING NEEDS YOU!!!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XCPUs.com's FOLDING NEEDS YOU!!!

XCPUs.com's FOLDING NEEDS YOU!!!

We need ALL OF YOUR HELP if we are going to keep moving up the rankings!

First, let me start off by saying THANKS to everyone that has folded thus far. Your contributions have been spectacular and we could not have gotten into the top 100 teams in such a short time without EACH AND EVERY ONE of you!

However . . .

Right now there are 4 teams on our radar, and one of them is the team we BEAT last year in the folding challenge.

XCPUs.com - Team Summary - EXTREME Overclocking Folding @ Home Stats

Folding is rewarding in and of itself, knowing that your contribution is being used to fight cancer and promote science. And if you don't know exactly what folding is, I can't really say it better than the guys at Stanford themselves:
    Folding@home - Main

XCPUs.com would like to give members of our folding team an EXTRA ADDED INCENTIVE.

From today on, active folders will get 1 WEEK of FREE SHOUTBOX ACCESS for every milestone they pass 0-100k. 2 WEEKS from 100k to 500k 3 WEEKS from 500k to 1 million points 3 MONTHS for every million points.

-- changed by Arisythila

What are the milestones?
    1 million

And every 1/2 million points there after!

At EVERY milestone, you also get an XCPUs.com badge that goes under your avatar. (badges currently in design for release)

And what is the shoutbox, you ask? The shoutbox is a REAL-TIME chat system built into the forum software. Right now, it is limited to premium (i.e. paying) members and admins/mods. But we have such a great time chatting in there that we feel like EVERYONE should be given a way to experience the SB. Here is what it looks like:

And CURRENT FOLDERS, we have NOT forgotten you either! Existing FAH members (that are CURRENTLY, ACTIVELY folding) that have passed at least 2 milestones will start off with 2 weeks of shoutbox access.

So how do you get started, you ask?

If you have a:
    1) Dual or Quad Core CPU - install the F@H SMP client. This client gives FAR MORE points per day than any other client, so if you have the hardware to run it, this is the best bang for your buck:
    http://www.xcpus.com/forums/folding-...ion-guide.html

2) ATI - 16xx, 18xx, or 19xx video card, install the F@H GPU client:
    http://folding.stanford.edu/release/...a5-GPU-GUI.exe

3) PS3 - install the F@H PS3 client:
    PS3 FAQ

4) Single Core CPU - install the F@H Graphical client:
    http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandeg...ng@Home503.EXE

CLIENTS FOR LINUX AND MAC ARE ALSO AVAILABLE!
    Download Folding@Home

Pick (or make a new) user name, and for the team don't forget to use 75255 (this is the XCPUs.com team number).

After you get your first WU submitted, you can add a F@H signature image to your XCPUs.com sig. Details here:
    http://www.xcpus.com/forums/folding-...age-guide.html

Some notes about setup:
    1) if using the SMP client, ALLOW work units (WUs) greater than 5MB.
    2) for all windows clients, DO NOT check/select "use IE settings"
    3) Don't be afraid to ask questions!
    4) FOLD AWAY! And don't forget, this is all for the pursuit of science and the improvement of medical science. (the competition part is fun too!)
    1: Main Rig - eVGA Classified SR-2 | 2 x Xeon X5670 @ 4.05GHz | 12GB Mushkin PC3-1600 DDR3 | OCZ IBIS 240GB RAID SSD | ATI Radeon 5770 1GB | Dual Dell 3007WFP-HC Monitors
    2: Server - eVGA X58 SLI | L5640 @ 4GHz | 6GB OCZ PC3-1866 DDR3 | Intl X25-M G2 80GB OS Drive | 6 x 1.5TB Seagate 7200.11 RAID 10

SB will be mine!

Good idea, BTW. Now I just need that GPU client.

NOSTROMO: Intel Core i5 3750K | MSI R9 290 | Fractal Design Define Mini | ASRock Z77 Pro4-M | Antec Kuhler H2O 620 | 120gb OCZ Vertex III MaxIOPS | PCP&C Silencer 750w

F@H Box / Server: Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.4ghz | CSX Wraith #51 of 300 | Custom Water Cooling | 2x 3TB WD Caviar Green HDDs | 4x 3TB Seagate 7200RPM HDDs

Interested in Folding@Home? Visit the XCPUs Folding@home page!

Comment

Lol :-)

Comment

Aw man... I didn't see that 4th team on our radar!
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, We cannot loose to Dell people, nor bluray people, nor Slickdeals.

Comment

Well, if all else fails we can always borg the crap out of Amazon EC2.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind losing to the Dell guys because at least they have some powerful machines (and most of their folders aren't Dells). But Blu-Ray would just piss me off. Losing to a bunch of POS3-using Sony zealots isn't going to sit well with me. If we lose to Blu-Ray we might as well lose to the RIAA.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sirrobin4ever View Post
              SB will be mine!

Good idea, BTW. Now I just need that GPU client.
              Good.... I need someone new to moch and ridicule. Eur and Neo are begginning to fight back.....

Fold on!
              CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANT [TEXAS]

You've been Thread Jacked by SF03!
              Server: |MSI GD65 Z77|Noctua NH-U12P|FSP PT-450M|8x 3TB in RAID 5|16GB Crucial Ballistix|i7 3770K|
              Main Rig: |MSI Z68A-GD65 G3|1337 Water|GTX 680|PC P&C 750W|WD Caviar Black 1TB|16GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz|i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz|

[09:54 AM]Viperabyss:Heck, Wu makes Pedobear looks like regular teddybear

Comment

Originally posted by StupaFly03 View Post
                Good.... I need someone new to moch and ridicule. Eur and Neo are begginning to fight back.....

Fold on!
                Why not mock (<-- note the correct spelling) yourself? Or is that too easy and you don't want to go with the obvious option??
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dean View Post
                  Why not mock (<-- note the correct spelling) yourself? Or is that too easy and you don't want to go with the obvious option??
                  This is why I use FF.... it has spell check!

I could mock myself.... and do occasionally but yes it is too easy and obvious.

Hopefully today is a good 8k point day.
                  CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANT [TEXAS]

You've been Thread Jacked by SF03!
                  Server: |MSI GD65 Z77|Noctua NH-U12P|FSP PT-450M|8x 3TB in RAID 5|16GB Crucial Ballistix|i7 3770K|
                  Main Rig: |MSI Z68A-GD65 G3|1337 Water|GTX 680|PC P&C 750W|WD Caviar Black 1TB|16GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz|i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz|

[09:54 AM]Viperabyss:Heck, Wu makes Pedobear looks like regular teddybear

Comment

Originally posted by Dean View Post
                    Well, if all else fails we can always borg the crap out of Amazon EC2.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind losing to the Dell guys because at least they have some powerful machines (and most of their folders aren't Dells). But Blu-Ray would just piss me off. Losing to a bunch of POS3-using Sony zealots isn't going to sit well with me. If we lose to Blu-Ray we might as well lose to the RIAA.
                    agreed.. all 4 of those teams are teams I refuse to lose too..!

Comment

Ugh, my PPD is down since I'm on break. My dekstop, which I left on, hasn't submitted a WU which it should have and my laptop isn't folding 24/7 like it does at school. 2 more days and I'll be back on track.

ASUS Eee Pad Transformer: 1.00ghz NVidia Tegra 2 | 1gb RAM | 32gb Flash Storage| 10.1''IPS display @ 1280x800

Core2 E8500 | Gigabyte EP35-DS3L | 2gb Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 (cas4) | MSI GTX460 Cyclone| Seagate 250gb Barracuda | Corsair VX550 |

Dell Folding Rig: with Lionhardt (maybe, wtf?)

Comment

Im almost at the 10k mark.
                        -------------------------------
                        The only thing future proof in electronics is the electricity itself.
                        --------------------------
                        Any person who relies on only one source for
                        information is a fool.
                        -----------------------
                        Politics= the biggest criminal organization in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by sirheck View Post
                          Im almost at the 10k mark.
                          is that one of those intelligent and well thought out posts? lol

Comment

So is this now our first forum public group? The F@H group. You don't see many forums that have multiple groups. It would be cool to start forming groups. BTW i thought i had lost about $200 a week but i was mistaking. They didn't take that extra weekend money from us so i can keep folding 24/7.

Comment

The icons are just a rough draft, I will be updating them soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X