Announcement

Collapse

Welcome Back!

I apologize for not getting this up and done sooner. Needless to say the forums, and the front page got hacked, we since then have locked things down, and things appear to be better over all.

I was able to get the front page done sooner, but the forums with all of its data was MUCH more difficult to deal with. Needless to say, I just finished it! YAHOO!

Just in time with Facebook about to take a nose dive, and doing other crazy things to people. (Censorship, etc etc).
See more
See less

XCPUs.com's FOLDING NEEDS YOU!!!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike
    Leganfuh
    a.k.a "The Commander"

Comment

• Nice Sailer.
      "Never skimp on the Power Supply" -Me

Core i7 920 D0 B-batch (4.1) | DFI X58 T3eH8 (Fed up with its' issues, may get a new board soon) | Patriot 1600 (9-9-9-24) (for now) | XFX HD 4890 (971/1065) (for now) |
      80GB X25-m G2 | WD 640GB | PCP&C 750 | Dell 2408 LCD | NEC 1970GX LCD | Win7 Pro | CoolerMaster ATCS 840 {Modded to reverse-ATX, WC'ing internal}

CPU Loop: MCP655 > HK 3.0 LT > ST 320 (3x Scythe G's) > ST Res >Pump
      GPU Loop: MCP655 > MCW-60 > PA160 (1x YL D12SH) > ST Res > BIP 220 (2x YL D12SH) >Pump

Comment

• Originally posted by ColonelCain View Post
        Nice Sailer.
        Starting a price list for another i7 now. Trying to decide among a few parts, like searching out a TRUE or getting a V8 or a Noctua; which PSU (Antec 500 Earthwatts or PC P&C 470 or Seasonic S12 500). So many little decisions, Probably get the V8. Still fussing over the PSU.
        Over 60- Seen it, Done it, Can't remember it, but I miss it.
        The great economist Milton Friedman once observed, "Many people want government to protect the consumer. A much more urgent problem is to protect the consumer from the government.
        Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else.
        Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito - Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it:

https://www.fuelly.com/driver/sailer...ang?fu=2315423

Comment

• Originally posted by Sailer View Post
          Starting a price list for another i7 now. Trying to decide among a few parts, like searching out a TRUE or getting a V8 or a Noctua; which PSU (Antec 500 Earthwatts or PC P&C 470 or Seasonic S12 500). So many little decisions, Probably get the V8. Still fussing over the PSU.
          Sailer,

I use Corsair 650W PSU's and CoolerMaster V8's if thats any help. I have two i7-920's, a i7-965 and a i7-975 running at this time.
          Mike
          Leganfuh
          a.k.a "The Commander"

Comment

• Originally posted by Leganfuh View Post
            Sailer,

I use Corsair 650W PSU's and CoolerMaster V8's if thats any help. I have two i7-920's, a i7-965 and a i7-975 running at this time.
            That's what I decided on. Price on the rig is up to $842, and I haven't added a CPU or shipping yet. Looks close to $1200 by the time I'm finished here. Decided on Antec 900 case over the 300, as the 900 has free shipping and more fans/better cooling.
            The great economist Milton Friedman once observed, "Many people want government to protect the consumer. A much more urgent problem is to protect the consumer from the government.
            Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else.
            Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito - Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it:

Comment

• Originally posted by Sailer View Post
              That's what I decided on. Price on the rig is up to $842, and I haven't added a CPU or shipping yet. Looks close to $1200 by the time I'm finished here. Decided on Antec 900 case over the 300, as the 900 has free shipping and more fans/better cooling.
              For three of them, I used a CoolerMaster HAF-932 case.
              Mike
              Leganfuh
              a.k.a "The Commander"

Comment

• Folding badges have been updated for everyone that passed milestones!

Leganfuh has powered past 89 million points and is quickly approaching the big 100!! ROCK ON Commander!!!!

Sailer became just the 3rd XCPUs folder to break 9 million points!!!

CapnBFG became just the 5th XCPUs folder to break 8 million points!!!

boduke became just the 7th XCPUs folder to break 7 million points!!!

Prozac26 became the 47th XCPUs folder to break 1 million points!!!

GREAT WORK GUYS!

Badge updates:

Sailer - 9,000,000
                CapnBFG - 8,000,000
                boduke - 7,000,000
                Prozac26 - 1,000,000
                ElmoIsEvil - 500,000
                Abyssal Angel - 50,000

The following members have been given 3 months of shoutbox access for milestones met above 1mil points:
                boduke
                krazyups
                Sduneman3

The following members have been given 2 weeks of shoutbox access for milestones met between 100,000 and 500,000 points:
                ElmoIsEvil

The following members have been given 1 week of shoutbox access for milestones met between 10,000 and 100,000 points:
                Abyssal Angel

I currently do not have XCPUs usernames to match to the following folders:
                Lorac
                thalius
                dkollar
                duo
                capri
                Olich
                royalt1217

You have free SB access waiting, so please PM me. I also cannot process raffle entries for these users until I know who they are.

For anyone accidentally overlooked in the update, please PM me.

WE are looking for people with CHEAP (or even FREE) electricity to STEP UP and give a folding box a home!!! Details here: http://forum.xcpus.com/xtreme-foldin...good-work.html

Keep up the GREAT work TEAM XCPUs!!!!

AND If you are not folding, WE NEED YOU!

Thanks again for all your hard work! Keep it up!

And don't forget, this is a TEAM effort, so get all your friends to fold as well!

The Admins
                1: Main Rig - eVGA Classified SR-2 | 2 x Xeon X5670 @ 4.05GHz | 12GB Mushkin PC3-1600 DDR3 | OCZ IBIS 240GB RAID SSD | ATI Radeon 5770 1GB | Dual Dell 3007WFP-HC Monitors
                2: Server - eVGA X58 SLI | L5640 @ 4GHz | 6GB OCZ PC3-1866 DDR3 | Intl X25-M G2 80GB OS Drive | 6 x 1.5TB Seagate 7200.11 RAID 10

Comment

• Originally posted by Leganfuh View Post
                  For three of them, I used a CoolerMaster HAF-932 case.
                  +1

HAF-932 cases have so much room and the air flow is top notch. My Phenom II X4 955 is as cool the the touch due to the HAF-932.
                  Cosmos II Ultra Tower | Intel Core i7-3930K @ 4.5GHz | ASUS Rampage IV Extreme | 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 MHz | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2x 2TB Western Digital Caviar Black | 2x Asus Radeon R9 290x 4GB CFx | ASUS Xonar Essence STX | XFX 1050W Pro Series PSU | Custom Water
                  "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen." Albert Einstein
                  http://colli239.fts.educ.msu.edu/tag/temperatures/

Comment

• I'm coming home soon with my 0ld support. Back to multi team for me. XCPU's is a most worthy cause. As is the science.

Comment

• tell me the Team # is still 75255.

Otherwise some points are going to ????????????
                      Sean

Comment

• Originally posted by brentpresley View Post
                        prozac26 became the 47th xcpus folder to break 1 million points!!!
                        Un-portable Leet: Intel Core i7 920 D0 | Thermalright Venomous X CPU Cooler | Mushkin Blackline PC-12800 DDR3 6GB | Sapphire Radeon HD 5850 1GB GDDR5 | Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | OCZ Vertex 60GB SSD | WD Caviar Black 640GB | Cooler Master HAF 922 | Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit

Portable Leet: HP Pavilion dv6976ca Entertainment PC | Intel Core 2 Duo T5750 @ 2GHz | 4GB RAM | nVidia GeFore 8400M GS | 320GB HDD | Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit

Comment

• Originally posted by shdbcamping View Post
                          tell me the Team # is still 75255.

Sean
                          Yes, the team number is 75255. And glad to have you back.

Comment

• Originally posted by shdbcamping View Post
                            I'm coming home soon with my 0ld support. Back to multi team for me. XCPU's is a most worthy cause. As is the science.
                            Glad to have you back!

Originally posted by shdbcamping View Post
                            tell me the Team # is still 75255.

Sean

XCPUS = 75255.

NOSTROMO: Intel Core i5 3750K | MSI R9 290 | Fractal Design Define Mini | ASRock Z77 Pro4-M | Antec Kuhler H2O 620 | 120gb OCZ Vertex III MaxIOPS | PCP&C Silencer 750w

F@H Box / Server: Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.4ghz | CSX Wraith #51 of 300 | Custom Water Cooling | 2x 3TB WD Caviar Green HDDs | 4x 3TB Seagate 7200RPM HDDs

Interested in Folding@Home? Visit the XCPUs Folding@home page!

Comment

• 971,302 points yesterday!

Way to go team!!!!
                              1: Main Rig - eVGA Classified SR-2 | 2 x Xeon X5670 @ 4.05GHz | 12GB Mushkin PC3-1600 DDR3 | OCZ IBIS 240GB RAID SSD | ATI Radeon 5770 1GB | Dual Dell 3007WFP-HC Monitors
                              2: Server - eVGA X58 SLI | L5640 @ 4GHz | 6GB OCZ PC3-1866 DDR3 | Intl X25-M G2 80GB OS Drive | 6 x 1.5TB Seagate 7200.11 RAID 10

Comment

• Originally posted by brentpresley View Post
                                971,302 points yesterday!

Way to go team!!!!
                                Awesomeness...good show!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X