Announcement

Collapse

Welcome Back!

I apologize for not getting this up and done sooner. Needless to say the forums, and the front page got hacked, we since then have locked things down, and things appear to be better over all.

I was able to get the front page done sooner, but the forums with all of its data was MUCH more difficult to deal with. Needless to say, I just finished it! YAHOO!

Just in time with Facebook about to take a nose dive, and doing other crazy things to people. (Censorship, etc etc).
See more
See less

XCPUs.com's FOLDING NEEDS YOU!!!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike
    Leganfuh
    a.k.a "The Commander"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sailer View Post
      Besides that, if I am successful in moving onto a boat, I won't be able to take the computers with me. They just don't make extension cords long enough to reach across the Pacific Ocean.
      How true, but they do make generators.
      Mike
      Leganfuh
      a.k.a "The Commander"

Comment

No offense or disrespect taken taken. As you said, among the top 5, or more accurately, the 2-5 positions, the placement figures rotate almost daily. Can't speak for anyone else, but I won't be building any more computers. Maybe upgrade some 4-core chips to 6-core, but no more entirely new ones. At least not for a few years. I've got computers spread out in four rooms of the house and without a major rewiring job, that's all the circuitry can support.

Besides that, if I am successful in moving onto a boat, I won't be able to take the computers with me. They just don't make extension cords long enough to reach across the Pacific Ocean.
        I appreciate the 'vote of confidence' on the 2-5 thing, but 'alas', the divorce bug "NAILED me in the buttox". I willl 'maybe' have an old time socket775 system coming on-line sometime with watercooling, but it has stupified me for my 3 day weekend .

I just wish you to know that "all" your contributions will be noted and appreciated by everyone that is 'cured' as a result of your contributions.

I hope that I can get my finances together and join y'all in the hunt. Just may take a 'bit' ... for 'a while'.....

Keep the Science 'Rocking' for as long as you are able. We'll remember 'you and why' forever for your "Team"/"Science" commitment

Sean

Comment

• Originally posted by Leganfuh View Post
          How true, but they do make generators.
          Maybe I should have mentioned cord for the modem as well.
          Over 60- Seen it, Done it, Can't remember it, but I miss it.
          The great economist Milton Friedman once observed, "Many people want government to protect the consumer. A much more urgent problem is to protect the consumer from the government.
          Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else.
          Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito - Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it:

https://www.fuelly.com/driver/sailer...ang?fu=2315423

Comment

Maybe I should have mentioned cord for the modem as well.
            Guess you never heard of HughesNet High-Speed Satellite Internet.
            Mike
            Leganfuh
            a.k.a "The Commander"

Comment

• I'll get a badge update out here in a few days. Been crazy as usual.
              1: Main Rig - eVGA Classified SR-2 | 2 x Xeon X5670 @ 4.05GHz | 12GB Mushkin PC3-1600 DDR3 | OCZ IBIS 240GB RAID SSD | ATI Radeon 5770 1GB | Dual Dell 3007WFP-HC Monitors
              2: Server - eVGA X58 SLI | L5640 @ 4GHz | 6GB OCZ PC3-1866 DDR3 | Intl X25-M G2 80GB OS Drive | 6 x 1.5TB Seagate 7200.11 RAID 10

Comment

• Originally posted by Leganfuh View Post
                Guess you never heard of HughesNet High-Speed Satellite Internet.
                Overpriced and with a absolutely terrible upload speed? It would probably take 3+ hours to upload an EL WU using that POS internet connection.
                "Never skimp on the Power Supply" -Me

Core i7 920 D0 B-batch (4.1) | DFI X58 T3eH8 (Fed up with its' issues, may get a new board soon) | Patriot 1600 (9-9-9-24) (for now) | XFX HD 4890 (971/1065) (for now) |
                80GB X25-m G2 | WD 640GB | PCP&C 750 | Dell 2408 LCD | NEC 1970GX LCD | Win7 Pro | CoolerMaster ATCS 840 {Modded to reverse-ATX, WC'ing internal}

CPU Loop: MCP655 > HK 3.0 LT > ST 320 (3x Scythe G's) > ST Res >Pump
                GPU Loop: MCP655 > MCW-60 > PA160 (1x YL D12SH) > ST Res > BIP 220 (2x YL D12SH) >Pump

Comment

• Badges have been updated for all those that passed milestones.

Great work team!
                  1: Main Rig - eVGA Classified SR-2 | 2 x Xeon X5670 @ 4.05GHz | 12GB Mushkin PC3-1600 DDR3 | OCZ IBIS 240GB RAID SSD | ATI Radeon 5770 1GB | Dual Dell 3007WFP-HC Monitors
                  2: Server - eVGA X58 SLI | L5640 @ 4GHz | 6GB OCZ PC3-1866 DDR3 | Intl X25-M G2 80GB OS Drive | 6 x 1.5TB Seagate 7200.11 RAID 10

Comment

• Originally posted by brentpresley View Post
                    Badges have been updated for all those that passed milestones.

Great work team!
                    DANG IT! I'm off by 3,000 points... Curses!
                    Desktop: Intel Core i7 860 Lynnfield 2.8 Ghz @ 3.40 Ghz | Gigabyte P55-UD5 | 4 GB DDR3 G. Skill Ripjaws | Sapphire Radeon HD 5850 | OCZ Vertex 2 120 GB | Creative X-Fi Platinum | Corsair 750TX PSU | Antec 900 Case
                    Laptop: Dell Studio XPS 16
                    DJax Music Blog: http://djaxmusic.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Good job team! Even though we don't have as many on the team as we use to, all I have to say is... EL WU FTMFW!

Eurasianman - User Summary - EXTREME Overclocking Folding @ Home Stats Stats speak for themselves. Look at how many WUs it USE to take to get the kind of production I'm now getting off of a SINGLE i7 folding 24/7
                      Deskop: Core i7 920|P6T Deluxe V2|R9 290|X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional|12 GB DDR3 1600|X-25M 80 GB|2 x 160 GB RAID 0|2 x 1.5 TB RAID 1|RocketRaid 640 with 2 x 3 TB RAID 1|Corsair HX850 WATT PSU|Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit|Silverstone TJ-09BW w/ USB 3.0 mod|Dell U2410 24" 1920x1200|Creative G500 5.1 Speakers|Logitech G15v2|Logitech G5
                      HTPC/Gaming: FX8320|Crosshair V Formula-Z
                      |R9 270X 4GB|8 GB DDR3 1600|2 x 250 GB RAID 0|SeaSonic SSR-650RM PSU|Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center 64-bit|SilverStone LC10B-E USB 3.0
                      HP ENVY 17-1011NR: Core i7 720QM|HM55 Chipset|USB 3.0|Mobility Radeon HD 5850|8 GB DDR3 1333|2 x 320 GB|Blu-Ray|Back-lit keyboard with num pad|Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit|17.3" HP Ultra BrightView Infinity LED 1920x1080
                      Old School: Athlon 64 3200+|K8N-E Deluxe|GeForce 6800|2 GB DDR 400|200 GB|PC Power and Cooling Silencer 750 WATT PSU|Windows XP Professional 32-bit|Thermaltake Shark

Apple iPhone 6 64 GB iOS 8.3
                      Lenovo Ideapad K1 Android 4.1.1 with root

Game consoles: PlayStation
                      |XBOX|PlayStation 2|GameCube|XBOX 360|PlayStation 3|Wii|GameBoy Advance SP|3DS|PlayStation Portable|PlayStation Vita|XBOX One|PlayStation 4

Comment

• I am an extra 1 million a week that you didn't have before.

Comment

• Originally posted by statesidecoma View Post
                          I am an extra 1 million a week that you didn't have before.
                          Haha you top my total points (250,000) every two days. Nice work!
                          Desktop: Intel Core i7 860 Lynnfield 2.8 Ghz @ 3.40 Ghz | Gigabyte P55-UD5 | 4 GB DDR3 G. Skill Ripjaws | Sapphire Radeon HD 5850 | OCZ Vertex 2 120 GB | Creative X-Fi Platinum | Corsair 750TX PSU | Antec 900 Case
                          Laptop: Dell Studio XPS 16
                          DJax Music Blog: http://djaxmusic.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by statesidecoma View Post
                            I am an extra 1 million a week that you didn't have before.
                            Haven't seen any points from you the past few days. Hope everything is ok.
                            The great economist Milton Friedman once observed, "Many people want government to protect the consumer. A much more urgent problem is to protect the consumer from the government.
                            Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else.
                            Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito - Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it:

Comment

Haven't seen any points from you the past few days. Hope everything is ok.
                              Probably got a bang of 2684's I've got 2 rolling as we speak, makes my PPD jump all over. My uber super early ES 32nm dual core (no name) @ 2.5Ghz doesn't churn out too many WUs to keep my points steady.

Waiting on another 9800GX2 to come so I can dissect them all and see if I can frankencomputer a whole working one together.
                              i5 2500K @ 4.9GHz+ 8GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @1600Mhz CAS 6 Asus P8P67 Pro CrossFire 6970's @ 950/1450
                              Xeon X5677 @ 4.5Ghz 6GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @1600Mhz CAS 7 Gigabyte EX58-UD5 4870x2
                              i7-880 @ 4.2Ghz+ (still playing) 4GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @2300Mhz CAS 9 Asus Maximus III Formula MSI Hawk 5770

Originally posted by Nietzsche
                              Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Comment

• I know the 2684s slow things down a lot. Even with four EL Folders going, when all four are running 2684s, the PPD takes a big hit. But Statesidecoma hasn't posted ANY points for the past 7 days now, and even 2684s would have produced something during that time. That's why I'm wondering if everything is ok.

Comment

Working...
                                X