Announcement

Collapse

Welcome Back!

I apologize for not getting this up and done sooner. Needless to say the forums, and the front page got hacked, we since then have locked things down, and things appear to be better over all.

I was able to get the front page done sooner, but the forums with all of its data was MUCH more difficult to deal with. Needless to say, I just finished it! YAHOO!

Just in time with Facebook about to take a nose dive, and doing other crazy things to people. (Censorship, etc etc).
See more
See less

Microsoft backpeddles with XP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft backpeddles with XP

Microsoft Saves Windows XP In An Act Of Utter Stupidity - Forbes

Hats off to Microsoft MSFT -0.4%, it just saved 1 in 4 of the world’s PCs. That is the frightening proportion still running Windows XP and all of them were left crippled after a dangerous security hole was found in Internet Explorer 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11. Support for XP ended just a few weeks earlier and Microsoft pledged no more patches would come. Now Microsoft has made a radical U-turn to save 25% of PCs and it is one of the bravest but stupidest things the company has done
    And so, for anyone who still uses Windows XP, if anyone here still uses XP, Microsoft has back peddled and is offering a patch for your OS. Personally, I agree that this was an act of stupidity, but I'm not the one who's making decisions.
    Over 60- Seen it, Done it, Can't remember it, but I miss it.
    The great economist Milton Friedman once observed, "Many people want government to protect the consumer. A much more urgent problem is to protect the consumer from the government.
    Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else.
    Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito - Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it:

https://www.fuelly.com/driver/sailer...ang?fu=2315423

I'm happy with MS continuing to provide support for XP.

Means that Windows 7 is not the lowest security demoniator.

Keep targetting the big bullseye.
    "Katyr Pro+" Phenom II X6 1090T| Gigabyte 880GMA-USB3| EVGA GTX 660 2GB| 12GB DDR3| Samsung 830 128GB| WD Caviar Blue 750GB| Antec TruePower 650W| CoolerMaster N200 case| 2x Dell Ultrasharp U2311H| Win7
    "Sophia" Thinkpad Yoga| Core i3 4010U| Intel HD 4400| 4GB DDR3| Samsung 830 128GB| Intel 2x2 7260 802.11ac| 12.5" IPS semi-matte display| Wacom digitiser| Win8.1 U1
    "Scoot" Black Nexus 5 D820 32GB| Android 5.1.1
    "Cheyenne" Black Lumia 532 8GB| Sandisk 64GB| Win8.1| Sennheiser CX 300-II

Comment

Oh, but what about security on my Vista computers?
      Over 60- Seen it, Done it, Can't remember it, but I miss it.
      The great economist Milton Friedman once observed, "Many people want government to protect the consumer. A much more urgent problem is to protect the consumer from the government.
      Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else.
      Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito - Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it:

https://www.fuelly.com/driver/sailer...ang?fu=2315423

Comment

They're Windows 7-esque.

"Katyr Pro+" Phenom II X6 1090T| Gigabyte 880GMA-USB3| EVGA GTX 660 2GB| 12GB DDR3| Samsung 830 128GB| WD Caviar Blue 750GB| Antec TruePower 650W| CoolerMaster N200 case| 2x Dell Ultrasharp U2311H| Win7
        "Sophia" Thinkpad Yoga| Core i3 4010U| Intel HD 4400| 4GB DDR3| Samsung 830 128GB| Intel 2x2 7260 802.11ac| 12.5" IPS semi-matte display| Wacom digitiser| Win8.1 U1
        "Scoot" Black Nexus 5 D820 32GB| Android 5.1.1
        "Cheyenne" Black Lumia 532 8GB| Sandisk 64GB| Win8.1| Sennheiser CX 300-II

Comment

[pedantic]

Vista and 7 both use the same kernel, 6.1. In other words, 7 is Vista-esque.

[/pedantic]

Gaming: i5 2500k @ 4.8GHz | EVGA P67 FTW | 16GB | SLI MSI GTX 970s | 240GB Corsair Force 3, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO, 500GB Velociraptor | Modded 800D | DIY H20 | Windows 8.1
          Linux: i5 3450 | Gigabyte H77 | 16GB | Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition | 120GB Vertex 3 MI (boot), 3 x 3TB WD Red (ZFS RAID-Z) | Fractal Design Arc Mini | Arch Linux
          HTPC/Steambox: Athlon II X2 260 | Gigabyte 880G | GT 720 | 4GB | 500GB WD Blue | Silverstone SG02 | Arch Linux + Kodi + Steam

Comment

heh, now I don't have to worry about my old artist friend in Austin quite as much (I built his computer so many years ago).
            A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds -- Emerson
            On Earth, what goes up tends to come down.

Here's more at my blog:
            http://findingourdream.blogspot.com/

Comment

Oh, but what about security on my Vista computers? Vista and 7 both use the same kernel, 6.1. In other words, 7 is Vista-esque.

Comment

Working...
              X